Friday, April 24, 2009

1000 friends on facebook

I hit 1000 friends on facebook after using it since November 2004. Feel the power of social media! Facebook's been excellent for scheduling many appointments, parties and other gatherings in the past 5 years of my life. Just yesterday, I spent the day in Hong Kong with a fellow exchange student from Japan - we both lived in Australia 6 years ago. Last summer and this Christmas, I stayed with friends who have moved to New Jersey and I also photographed a Texas artist in New York. I also coordinated a number of photographic, writing, and recording projects in Texas - from Asia. I use facebook to syndicate this blog and make my posts more relevant. Some of my family has recently joined facebook. It is an interface in which I connect to people who I care about, and I am thankful for it.

No comments: