Thursday, August 28, 2008

Under the Mandap


I had the pleasure of flying to New Jersey last month to shoot a wedding for Vidya & Yutaka. A week of hanging with their amazing family (plus yummy vegetarian food) and 5,000 photos later, I present to you a few of my favorite shots. The main ceremony was in Jersey City at the Liberty House Restaurant (overlooking the New York skyline). This was definitely the coolest wedding I have ever been a part of - the couple met doing Capoeira (a form a Brazilian martial arts / dance) so it was a very eclectic ceremony and reception. Since I was in the neighborhood, I also took many photos in New York, and of vocalist Sarah Renfro in Brooklyn - keep posted for those shots.

New York City skyline (from New Jersey).

Capoeira - in exchange for a first dance, there was a first play. Yutaka soars as Vidya ducks.

In a previous post, you saw Vidya's Henna - here's a look at the other adornments.


All in all, it was an inspiring time on the East Coast.

No comments: