Monday, March 31, 2008

Graffiti


During the Tet holidays I traveled to Malaysia & Thailand and put my camera to work gathering images others had made around Kuala Lumpur and Bangkok. Between checking out the Street Sketchbook and exploring photographic possibilities through the Graffiti Research Lab I was eager to see what people put on the walls in Southeast Asia. It was only after exploring two other countries that even I noticed any graffiti in Hanoi, Vietnam where I am currently living. Though a number of artists grace the walls of Kuala Lumpur, a group called "The Super Sunday" seems to be on top of the scene. They put up a mixture of artistic and political art. Here's an extended album of my holidays' shots.


This little guy was all around

The street sketchbook is coming out with a film, trailer below:



And parting shot for this blog post:

No comments: